Office of International Affairs International Student & Scholar Services Foreign Visitors

Foreign Visitors to the University

Most foreign academic visitors to the University can use the Visa Waiver program or B-1/B-2 Visitor’s visa to come to the United States.  Some visitors will need to use the Exchange Visitor (J-1) Program.  Contact the International Faculty Counselor or the Director of International Student and Scholar Services (ISSS) of the Office of International Affairs (OIA) to determine the immigration alternatives and necessary procedures at least two months prior to the anticipated visits.

Care in arranging for visits is especially important if the University will pay any expenses or honoraria.  If any payments are involved, contact the Tax Director in the Financial Affairs office since withholding tax and tax treaties may be involved in any payments to or for any nonresident visitors.

revised: 07/2008

Texas Tech University Office of International Affairs, MS 5004, 742-2974, fax 742-1286