Committed to excellence in international education and research, the Office of International Affairs, International Student and Scholar Services unit facilitates the University’s programs for international students and scholars.
The International Student and Scholar Services unit will provide excellent immigration services inspiring the confidence and trust of its clients in the information it proffers and the processing it provides, and commanding the respect of professional colleagues.
The International Student and Scholar Services unit willfoster compliance with the complex, dynamic rules affecting international education;
- provide clear and accurate regulatory information to University units, and international students and scholars;
- render timely and effective processing of required immigration documents for students and scholars; and
- contribute to global education and regional engagement with world scholarship and economy.
- cross-cultural awareness;
- cultural diversity;
- global competence;
- international education;
- international and cross-cultural tolerance and respect; and
- professional ethical standards (NAFSA Code of Ethics).
(including Strategies and Assessments)
Goal 1. Access and Diversity: Recruit, retain, and graduate a larger, more academically prepared, and more diverse international student body.
Critical Success Factors:
- Increase foreign students to 6% of enrolled students.
- Graduate 75% of foreign students.
- Receive foreign students from more than 100 countries.
- Identify existing immigration barriers to retention of foreign students.
- Establish policies and practices to limit immigration barriers to retention within limits of federal law and regulation.
- Enhance communications with students and advisors concerning the legal responsibilities of foreign students.
- Graduation rate of foreign students.
- Termination rate of students and scholars due to loss of immigration status.
- Identify existing and projected barriers to foreign student access.
- Establish policies and practices to limit immigration barriers to access within limits of federal law and regulations.
- Enhance communication of information on immigration procedures.
- Foreign student enrollment.
- Expand the information provided via webpage for prospective students.
- Seek partnerships that enhance geographic diversification of foreign student population.
- Country of origin statistics.
- Work with government agencies, professional organizations and software providers to enhance student monitoring as required by federal law and regulation.
- Establish partnerships with university offices to facilitate monitoring compliance.
- Compliance with federal requirements.
Goal 2. Academic Excellence: Attain international recognition as a top public educational research university. Critical Success Factors:
- 400 foreign scholars present annually.
- International recognition of foreign scholars.
- Identify existing and projected barriers for foreign scholar presence.
- Establish policies and practices to limit immigration barriers to foreign scholars.
- Rank of foreign scholar population among public research universities.
- Develop a webpage dedicated to foreign scholar contributions.
- Publish an annual report on foreign scholar activity.
- Expand honor society recognition.
- Number of webpage hits.
- Number of honor society recognitions.
- Provide information on procedural requirements.
- Partner with other university service offices to limit barriers and expedite processes for collaborations.
- Number of international collaborations