J-2 (Dependent) Travel
The Form DS-2019 can be used by dependents to obtain J-2 visas from overseas U.S. consulates, and for entry into the United States. In using the DS-2019 the following rules should be observed.
1) Upon entry or re-entry into the United States, copies of all immigration documents should be provided to the Office of International Affairs (OIA).
2) OIA should be notified of any plans for future travel by a J-2 outside the United States.
3) A Form DS-2019 that is not used must be returned to OIA within 90 days.
4) OIA should be notified of the final departure of a J-2 from the United States including the date of departure and port of exit.
5) Appropriate Health, Repatriation, and Evacuation Insurance must be maintained on all J-2 family members while they are in the United States.
Texas Tech University Office of International Affairs, MS 5004, 742-2974, fax 742-1286