Office of International Affairs International Student & Scholar Services Other J-1 Programs

Texas Tech Students on Other J-1 Programs

Although Texas Tech University operates a J-1 Student Program for students sponsored by the University, many other J-1 programs also choose to send their students to study at Texas Tech.  Students on these other programs must complete all appropriate immigration-related processes through their own J-1 sponsor and under the rules of their J-1 sponsor.  The rules of other J-1 programs are not necessarily the same as the rules of the Texas Tech J-1 program.  Counselors at the Office of International Affairs (OIA) are not allowed to act for these other programs.  However, Counselors at OIA will assist students in identifying the appropriate Responsible Officers of other J-1 Exchange Visitor Programs, and will facilitate communications between a student and the student’s sponsoring program.

Questions should be directed to the Scholars Counselor at OIA at 742-2974.

Revised: 7/2007

Texas Tech University Office of International Affairs, MS 5004, 742-2974, fax 742-1286